Safer Internet day
All classes across the school learnt how to stay safe on the internet and what to do if they are concerned about anything.
The Rule of Law
We understand the importance of following the laws of the land. Take a look below at what the children in Year 5 had to say.
The following statements provide you with information about what must be taught as part of the SMSC curriculum.
Please click on the link to find out what the children think based on questions put together by Mrs Harvey-Smith.
- Enable students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- enable students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely
- enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England
- further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation for and respect for their own and other cultures
- encourage respect for other people, and
- encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.